The Willows Dementia Hub is our specialist centre providing high-quality support and care for people living with dementia in Heywood, Middleton, and Rochdale, and their families.
The Willows Dementia Care Hub
The Willows brings together health and social care to provide pioneering integrated care and support in Rochdale. The centre has been designed using Stirling University’s ‘Standards for Dementia Design’, to provide both residential and day care in a high-quality, welcoming and dementia-friendly environment. Our project team worked closely with the charity Alzheimer’s UK, who provided helpful advice.
Jeremy Hughes, Chief Executive of the Alzheimer's Society said:
"Many have preconceived ideas about dementia care and managers sometimes don’t connect as well as they might with local people with dementia. In the Willows I saw a great example of tackling both. First, it really is a community resource centre for people affected by dementia offering a range of services to non-residents including the vital but sadly rarely available respite care. Second, people with dementia were directly involved in designing The Willows. Great to see."
To live life in an environment where every resident is safe, valued, included, respected, understood and empowered. To provide a unique service inspired by a person-centred approach, delivered by a happy motivated staff team who have the understanding, knowledge, experience, patience, skills and most importantly: a huge friendly smile.
W - We will never make a decision about you- without you
I - Independent living, with us by your side
L - Listening always with interest, concern & action
L - Living where every person is valued, included and empowered
O - Open & honest about the service we provide
W - Working together to achieve social inclusion and fulfillment
S - Safe, high-quality environment to live in
Our Mission Statement
The willows aim to provide excellent care and support to people living with Dementia. We pride ourselves on delivering service without prejudice and restrictions. We will balance safety with choice and independence and focus on a person-centred service for them to live in.
The Willows is based on being a dementia hub, not a traditional care home, therefore, offering our service with a very different approach and environment. We will be an open an honest employer recruiting, supporting and developing staff to achieve every success. For the people that use The Willows dementia hub, we want them to experience:
- A fulfilled life delivered in a way that the person best understands
- Choice, control and where we do not make any decisions about them- without them
- A safe, high quality, comfortable environment to live in
- The opportunity to use/retain/regain new and old skills
- Social interaction in the hub and within the local community.
We want our staff to experience:
- Effective and inspiring leadership
- A fun, positive working environment where new ideas are welcomed and celebrated
- Approachable management where staff are valued and listened to
- Recognition for individual and team contributions and successes
- A Culture within the workplace which supports staff’s diversity, potential, and aspirations
- An opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge with our training and development programmes.
Our Facilities Include:
- 18 high-quality residential rooms
- Respite accommodation
- Family rooms for relatives
- A range of complementary community services
- High-quality day services are also provided during the week for those who are not residents at the centre
- A community café, which is open to everyone.
We are proud to be part of our local community and The Woodlands café is now open to the public, feeding our friends and neighbours with good, honest food. As we work to enhance our service we plan to source as much of our café's produce from the 'hub' community garden.
Click here to view our new café menu for The Woodlands.
Located at Springhill Resource Centre in Rochdale, The Willows has been jointly commissioned by Rochdale Borough Council and NHS Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
For more information about The Willows and the services available, please contact the Hub Manager, Julie Saville:
Telephone: 01706 248661
View our Care Home profile here.